Monday, May 16, 2011

Fearless? Me? No, not yet...

Okay - this one will be interesting - mental ramblings from an airplane... Some days I'm just amazed at where my brain can wonder.

I've been stressed a little more than usual lately - and discovered that I'm still guilty of living inside my head. Unrealistic expectations have now moved on to doubt - doubting my own abilities with work, parenting, relationships, friendships, and even fitness. When I was in my weightless journey, it was doubt that kept me from making progress. But I somehow made it through that doubt by taking action... So my mental ramblings questioned why can't I get past this doubt I'm feeling now?


Two theories... Or two branches to my decision tree...

Theory One: Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality.
So - in this theory, I wonder if I truly know what my goals are? Weightloss goals were easy to conceptualize - calorie deficit equals weightloss... So what are my goals for everything else? Have I been unbalanced in my goal setting, focusing purely on athletic achievements? Wait a minute? Should I have goals for everything? I sometimes go back and read old blog posts and am amazed that they still apply... Found this quote I used - realized, I know I'm on the right road...

When we are sure that we are on the right road there is no need to plan our journey too far ahead. No need to burden ourselves with doubts and fears as to the obstacles that may bar our progress. We cannot take more than one step at a time.


Theory Two:  Transform Fear to Love
Where did love come from? Just follow me... I realized that I'm afraid of failing, afraid Im not completely filling other's expectations of me... And than I found this...

Fear often originates from a sense of not being in control. We use control to manage people and situations that we do not understand or that threaten to expose our lack of self-love.

Ahhhh - that's it... I'm doing this to myself - insecurities, self-imposed inadequacies, lack of self-acceptance, self-limiting beliefs, self-criticism... And this allows me to keep everything in my head - wouldn't want everyone to know I really don't have my life in perfect order.

We need to love more and fear less and for me, that starts with myself...

           

1 comment:

  1. Oh My Gosh how do you do this...Everytime! I need you in my head

    ReplyDelete