Monday, January 17, 2011

My resolve...

My resolve as I start the next book of my life - is to strive for better balance.
What? My life isn't perfect? Nooo.... far from it.  With my obsessive tendencies, it was quite easy to lose focus during the weightloss journey on the things that were really important. So here I am coming clean and admiting that all is not well in my life.

"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself."  — Anna Quindlen

But over the journey of weightloss, I learned that I couldn't make change happen overnight.  So it would be unrealistic (yep...me and that word again) to expect I can solve all of my problems at once or immediately.

So where do I start? I'm really not sure how to tackle this with a nice, neat plan of action.  I can't plan for every scenario that may play out...which is my natural style.  Which means I really do have to let go of unrealistic expectations... and that begins with changing my own thoughts - in how I react to life.

Our worst fear is not that we are inadequate; our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?" Actually, who are you not to be?
~Nelson Mandela

2 comments:

  1. Well, your life may not be in perfect balance but your figure sure is. that's all that matters. hehe.. (kidding) I know you will continue to progress in life. I've gotten a lot on inspiration from you. We are all members of the same larger family. I know you must be a strong person. Continued success... Bob W

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quote at the end. Nice goal Amy I know you can do it

    ReplyDelete